Value enhancement implements a change which creates long-term benefits for you and your business. The valuation process combines the knowledge acquired by the discovery of key value drivers within a company, along with our expertise in process improvement. This enables us to provide you with a plan to improve the value of your company.
Big changes — especially in larger companies — don’t happen overnight. Our individualized approach to helping clients make big changes and sound business decisions is methodical and incremental, and keeps your long-term goal in mind at all times.
When we begin working with a new client, there’s much foundational work to be laid. The client’s core leaders start by going through an assessment process that covers everything from financials to systems to internal succession planning. Once completed, we outline and provide a detailed plan — including tracking methods and achievable metrics — to improve the worth of your company.
Included in the plan are the principle value drivers we implement to help your businesses thrive. Sales is one such key value driver. High value companies have the ability to deliver on the promises made to the marketplace and to do it in a systematic and process-driven manner. They consistently ask, and answer, challenging questions to ensure that their sales systems are performing at peak efficiency. These questions include:
- Does your company have a consistent record of sales growth and profit?
- Is too much revenue concentrated in the hands of one or two clients?
- Do you offer regularly-scheduled sales training programs?
- Are you too dependent on one sales superstar and/or the personal relationships you have with other business owners?
- Do you have a balanced mix of push/pull sales tactics to keep a steady stream of high quality prospects in your sales funnel?
- Are your customers satisfied and a consistent source of repeat business, or are you continually seeking new business due to high customer turnover?
- Are your customers paying in a timely manner?
- Is your sales incentive program actually jeopardizing your desired outcomes?
- Will your sales process continue to function successfully in your absence, whether due to illness, retirement, transfer of ownership or other life-changing event?
Answering “no” to one or more of these questions can leave your business vulnerable and at the mercy of forces beyond your control. If you haven’t done so in a while, we urge you to take time to evaluate your current sales process. In this way, you will safeguard the revenue you need to achieve your short and long term goals.